Silent Haven Community: A Silent Hill Forum for Fans!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Downpour Patch

4 posters

Go down

Downpour Patch Empty Downpour Patch

Post  VinnySplendelicious Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:27 am

How is it working for everybody? For me, it helped a little bit, but there is still quite a bit of lag. Bummer Sad downpour has the potential for brilliance.

VinnySplendelicious

Back to top Go down

Downpour Patch Empty Re: Downpour Patch

Post  TheCrazy Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:22 am

Didn't download it yet, looking forward to try it this weekend! Btw do you know how I can download it on the Xbox? Does it happen automatically?
TheCrazy
TheCrazy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mercurialde Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:12 pm

Eh, I've seen less framerate drops, and my loading time seems to have come down a bit. That is at the end of the game, though, which I remember having less issue to begin with. I am about to start another play through and I will reply again once I have a decent idea whether the major annoyances are lessened.
My big gripes:
1. There were many times when I would enter a building just as the rain started, only to have it truly storming when I stepped out- as though I had never gone inside. I became a wonderful melee player as a result.
2. Loading: ..... Go check mail feed dogs, come back.... looooooading. Please, god, take me now.
3. I could get to a great stopping point, quit the game, and come back to find myself in the same place but without items or checkpoints that I had previously saved.
4. I had different issues on different disks. The one that I bought, though, has routinely had an issue with stopping all DualShock reaction while searching the screamer bodies in the xray room. I spent three hours once (out of sheer determination) to find that key without the benefit of vibration. Leave that room, DualShock back on.
5. This disk also deletes whatever weapon I am holding when I go into the auditorium and do the play sequence to create the house in the woods. I have played through the woods to get to that house with a brick several times.

I say that it is a disk issue, since the Gamefly copies I used had no problems, but this copy has both of those on every play through. If the last two issue and the insane loading times are still there on my next play through, I will consider the patch useless to me. (But not useless in general, as some people are enjoying the game more now.)
Also: Do the doors in the subway ever relock after having already been used for other people? It seems like I can use the first unlocked door once or twice, but as soon as the second is unlocked, the first is locked again. I haven't seen any other posts with that particular issue, just complaints of doors that never opened at all.

Mercurialde
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Elisa Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:49 pm

I am super disappointed on this patch and I'll tell you why.
I first played on easy/easy and I had no problems, but then with the patch... it's freezing badly. In a room, it can freeze about 4 or 5 times.
I don't get it. Oh well.
Elisa
Elisa

http://elisafortes.daportfolio.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down